Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Taste the Grace

Anyone remember the 1990's Skittles ads where rainbows sprang up and rained down Skittles?

Here's the best example I can find: 


(Taste the rainbow!)

Lately I've been thinking about God's grace, and these Skittles commercials always come to mind. Skittles just came raining down! No one earned them or worked for them or made them or bought them. All those people did was open up their mouths and fill them with tasty, colorful candies.

Grace is like that!

Grace is God's undeserved favor and generosity toward us. We didn't earn it or work for it or make it or buy it. We just have to open up our hands and receive it. Ephesians 2:8-9 says:
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 
In that old Skittles commercial, you can see the man's wonder and amazement. If we understood God's grace toward us, we would feel the same way. That's why it's called amazing grace!

I'm so thankful for God's grace in my life, not just in saving me from my sins but also in the many gestures of lovingkindness He shows me daily. This has been a season of life where God is showering me with grace, and I am reminded that I am loved by a generous God! John 1:16 says:
For from His fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.
Grace upon grace, my friends. Taste and see that the Lord is good!

3 comments:

Asad Janjua said...

Hi I left a message on your older blog in Qufu. Since I did not get a response I am cut-pasting the same on the your latest blog. Here is the original text: Your blog is a life saver! :) I have been looking for the last about one year to find a small town with low expenses, low pollution and a good institution teaching Mandarin. My intention is to improve my presently very poor Mandarin skills which will potentially increase my employ-ability in my line of work. I am from Pakistan, 45 years of age and recently retired as an Army Major. Shandong as a region seems to fit the bill. Would you kindly take a few moments out and recommend a town from Qufu and Rizhao? Thanks! :)

Alison said...

Sure! I'll reply in full over at my other blog, but I'd suggest Rizhao.

Asad Janjua said...

Thanks for making time! :) I will be looking forward to it.