Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

One Year Celebration!

This month marks the one-year anniversary of my little blog!

*sniff!* This is where it all began.

Writing for you here has been a pleasure and a blessing for me. In celebration of AlisonRoseWrites' one-year birthday, I'm taking a look back.

Here are my top five most-read posts:

1. Misguided Missions: The Culprit is Me (...and You?)

This post was part of a short series I did on the evolution of my views on short-term mission trips. If you're interested in this topic, I recommend you skip my blog posts and go straight to the book When Helping Hurts.

2. In the Style of Dave Barry: Night at the Caucuses

This post provided me with my favorite (ok, only) celebrity encounter. I am using the word "celebrity" here in the sense of "humor columnist."  Dave Barry (the celebrity in question) wrote a bunch of humor columns on the Iowa caucuses, and this post was my attempt to answer his columns in his own style. I tweeted it to him and he re-tweeted it! My night was made! I got more readers than usual! Which is still not very many! But that's okay, because DAVE BARRY read my article and he is the ONLY READER THAT COUNTS.

*Note: The above blurb is also written in my best Dave Barry imitation.*

3. Go...Sit...Stare: A Singles' Guide to Weddings

4. Singles' Holiday Guide

I had a ton of fun writing "advice" columns for singles.  If you read these articles and are somehow still single, I can only assume it's because you haven't been applying enough of my useful tips.

5. In Which I Test the Courage of my Convictions on Marriage

Rounding out the top five is one of my more serious pieces, a response to the legalization of gay marriage in America.

Thanks for reading and for giving me a place to write where I feel at home. If you'd like to join me in my walk down memory lane, please check out the archives, using the links on the side to find the topics you like best.

Cheers!

No comments: